Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Moving a shed

On 1/4/2011 11:05 PM, Smitty Two wrote:
In ,
"Stormin wrote:

I may finally have found a problem that I can't solve. Sigh.
A good friend of mnem asked me today about movin ga hsed If
ehe can move it about 50 feet, from the neighbors lot, he
can have the shed. Else, it will be torn down and scrapped

Shed is about 12 x 8 feet. About 8 feet tall. As I quipped,
you could move in family of 8 immigrants, and they would fit
fine. It's seriously large enough to live in, and call it a
studio apartment.

http://www.fotolode.com/images/cayoung01/shedfront.jpg
Here is the front of the shed.

http://www.fotolode.com/images/cayoung01/shedside.jpg
This is the side of the shed.

http://www.fotolode.com/images/cayou...sfrontshed.jpg
http://www.fotolode.com/images/cayou...frontshed2.jpg
These are pictures of the shed with a 250 pound Mormon
standing in front of the shed.

http://www.fotolode.com/images/cayou...estination.jpg
This shows the path the shed needs to move. Towards the
photographer.

The roof is slightly pitched, maybe 2-12. The roof is badly
rotted and can be sacrificed. The walls are flake board, and
2 x 2 studs. The floor feels like 3/4 plywood on 6 x 6
beams. Or maybe two by six, nailed together. There is vinyl
siding. I leaned against the building, and it didn't move a
bit. The floor beams and all, are on cinder blocks.

There are a couple phone poles near the destination which
might be strong enough to put a cable hoist. There may be
enough room to fit a small four by four truck. We discussed
pulling, carrying, and rolling on pipes or tubes.

I'm really not coming up with any good ideas. What do you
all suggest?

See page 2 of this site:

http://www.theforgottentechnology.com/newpage1

Wherein the guy says:

"my son needed a pole barn moved, due to a desired property split. I
decided to put my technique to the test. The wood building was a 30 ft.
by 40 ft. and 16 ft. tall. It weighed over 10 tons."

PC Tools Spyware Doctor says the website is evil, and wouldn't let me go
there. Can you summarize?

--
aem sends...