Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Franc Zabkar Franc Zabkar is offline

Default SMD 1 percent resistor markings - aide memoire?

On Wed, 5 Jan 2011 08:26:29 -0000, "N_Cook" put
finger to keyboard and composed:

Franc Zabkar wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 3 Jan 2011 14:49:59 -0000, "N_Cook" put
finger to keyboard and composed:

Confronted by resistor marking 75B translates as 5K9, anyone have an
approximate ie 10 percent conversion technique?
to avoid table lookup, eg

http://talkingelectronics.com/projec...Resistors-EIA-

Markings.html

How about ...

100 x 10^(nn / 100)

- Franc Zabkar

I don't have a brain the size of a planet, mentally multiplying and adding
integres
is about my limit.

I would think that most people would have a calculator handy in their
workshop. Alternatively, why not just print out the chart, laminate
it, and hang it on your wall?

- Franc Zabkar