Posted to sci.electronics.repair
baron baron is offline

Default Samsung TV

Arfa Daily Inscribed thus:

"Baron" wrote in message
Does anyone know where I can get service information for a Samsung
LCD TV Model LE37R87BDX.

Google gets lots of hits, but they are all dead ends in one way or
another.

Mine has just decided to switch itself off and sulk ! :-(

Thanks.
--
Best Regards:
Baron.

OK. Had a word with my mate, and he says that it's pretty much always
power supply caps on that model. He reckons that there's about four of
'em which will all have blown their tops, and he says it's obvious as
soon as you take the back off. He also said that if it has been a bit
iffy at starting up for a while, then sometimes, it also ****s the
EEPROM, so if there are any further issues after replacing the caps,
that will be the cause.

Good luck with it ! d;~}

Arfa

There are no obvious signs of any damage. No smells, no burning, no
noise, not that I would have heard it over the program sound. Though
bad caps was the first thing that I suspected.

I'm going to take it into work with me tomorrow and have a look at the
power rails with a scope.

I'll report back. Take care.
Thanks again.

--