Posted to uk.d-i-y
chris French chris French is offline

Default AA batteries what is a full charge

In message , Mike
Clarke writes
On 05/01/2011 21:55, John MacLeod wrote:

Make
sure your new one has a Lithium-ion battery built in and that it can
be charged in the camera. Far more suitable for camera use than NiMH
or NiCad.

I'd disagree there. I use rechargeable NiMH batteries, if they run flat
it's a matter of moments to pop in a set of ready charged ones (or the
reserve set of unused Duracells I keep in the camera bag). Far better
than waiting for the internal battery to recharge and if you're half
way up a deserted mountainside that isn't even an option.

I wouldn't like a lithium that was built in, but ones that can be
removed and recharged are fine really. up until last year our compacts
always took AA's, and I preferred that. but they are disappearing from
the compact market it seems as cameras get smaller.

But I bought a spare (well after we lost the bag for a while with the
spare in we have 2) and it's been fine. and the advantage is that even
two spare batteries take up less space and are lighter than the
equivalent AA's

Though it does mean 'another charger' to take with us when we go away
--
Chris French