Posted to alt.home.repair

Default IKEA Glass Cabinet Assembly by Jeffrey Dach

On 1/5/2011 2:40 AM jeffrey dach spake thus:

IKEA Glass Cabinet Assembly by Jeffrey Dach

[snip]

Assembly: I was impressed and actually amazed at how the parts fit
together so well, and how easy the assembly went.
Assembly goes better with a adjustable speed power rechargable drill/
screwdriver.
Also best to have an assortment of hex attachements to fit into your
power screwdriver. These are available at the hardware store or home
depot.
A power tool is better than the hex wrench that comes with the Ikea
Kit which is small and hard on the hands.

Those hex wrenches are often the weak point of a lot of knock-down
furniture kits. As I remember the Ikea ones aren't too bad, but
typically they're very soft steel which often gets rounded off on the
very first screw you try to tighten.

Plan on having a real set of hex wrenches (in both metric and SAE
sizes). Handy tools to have around anyway.

who stands to make his point, then removes his hearing aid as a sign
that he is not going to hear any rebuttals.