Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Moving a shed

On Jan 5, 8:54*am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
The terrain is lumpy, and also mostly sand. From what I can
figure (the next day, after I've had a chance to think)
diasassembly is going to be the only option.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"John Grabowski"

wrote in ...

*If it wasn't built on skids, dragging will be difficult.
Rolling it on
pipes is possible, but the terrain does not look the most
conducive to that.
I vote for disassembly. *Since the roof is no good you will
be getting rid
of it anyway.

If you are going to disassemble it, I'd look closely at how the walls
are constructed.

If they look flimsy (2 x 2's studs, right?) you might want to add some
diagonals across the interior face of the studs to prevent racking.
Make sure the diagonals are attached to the studs *and* the sill/top
plates.

I realized you said that it's sheathed with flakeboard, but the
thought of someone building a shed with 2 x 2's make me think that
they may have taken other shortcuts/cost saving measures along the way.