Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default What's good for the fast food salesman isn't good for the air-conditioning technician.

Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Jan 4, 6:23 pm, wrote:

The economics of Reagan did in fact work extremely well and all
American benefited
enormously His policies turned an economy
that had high unemployment, high inflation, high interest rates and
no growth, into
the marvel of the world, with 4% GDP growth, inflation and interest
rates cut in half
and people working again. Have you forgotten 18% interest rates on
US Tbonds?

I remember 10% (or greater) interest on mortgages.

Me too.

I sold a house and put $10,000 in a CD paying 9%. Yippee! I made $900.00.

Regrettably, inflation that year was 13% and I had to pay about $180 tax on
the $900.00!

The Carter administration was just awful.