Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Moving a shed

On Jan 5, 5:50*am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
Sadly, I don't think there are two main beams under there.
The soil is mostly sand, so I'd expect a tow motor or fork
lift to sink immediately. I've seen fork lift on sand
before, it's not pretty. I could likely get back there with
my S-10 Blazer. A couple trees and phone poles provide a
place to hook a cable hoist.

If it is a question of traction or getting stuck...

I carry enough cable and snatch blocks in my "wooding" truck to tow
jsut about anything from a long ways off. There must be an alley or
something the tow vehicle can work from and those poles give an anchor
point for snatch blocks. Don't look at it as needing to be a 'direct,
1x1 pull. Of course cost of snatch blocks and cable would probably
exceed the cost of the shed

Harry K