Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default Getting a Sharpie Pen to Flow Again?

Metspitzer wrote in
:

On Tue, 4 Jan 2011 21:04:49 -0600, "HeyBub"
wrote:

W. eWatson wrote:
I've seen a few solutions on Google. One says put it in a microwave
for 5-10 sec. I have my doubts. No one confirmed it. Another was to
put it in very hot water, apparently in about 3-4" or so, but
nothing more was offered.

Anyone got a tried and true method?

(I just tried 10 min in hot water w/o any luck. Probably a real
goner.)

Did you try WD-40?

Not that I think it will work, it's just closer to working than duct
tape or vice grips.

TFF

the problem is that the ink's solvent has dried up.
You can drill a hole in the far end,inject some solvent in there,give it a
short time to work,then the pen will write again.

from Google;
The principle solvents are alcohols, but they also contain ethylene glycol
monobutyl ether.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik