Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Moving a shed

Sadly, I don't think there are two main beams under there.
The soil is mostly sand, so I'd expect a tow motor or fork
lift to sink immediately. I've seen fork lift on sand
before, it's not pretty. I could likely get back there with
my S-10 Blazer. A couple trees and phone poles provide a
place to hook a cable hoist.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"aemeijers" wrote in message

It all depends how floor was framed. If they did it right,
and there are
two lower beams down there somewhere, you can move it with a
forklift,
or if you don't have a nearby place to rent or borrow one,
roll it on
some sticks of thickwall drain pipe. If it is just framed up
and sitting
on corner blocks, it gets a lot harder. You could jack it up
with a
floor jack, and slide 2 long timbers under it. Awful hard to
say without
a closer examination. If you can borrow 8-10 strong
teenagers, you could
lag a long 2x8 to each side through siding into the studs,
maybe 3 feet
off the ground, and they could pick it up and carry it.

Wild thought- if you can scrounge some long planks to roll
it on, 4 of
those harbor freight car dollies would probably hold it with
no problem.
Just jack up each end, put the dollies under (find some way
to pin them
in place) and jack up the other end and do the same. Use the
baby 4x4
you mentioned as a tow mule, with bigass eyebolts into floor
beams. Once
dollies are up on planks, it should roll easy.

--
aem sends...