Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default Water Pressure Range Question

On Jan 5, 4:52*am, Harry K wrote:
On Jan 4, 8:17*pm, Robert Neville wrote:

DerbyDad03 wrote:
Is there really no noticeable difference between 40 PSI and 60 PSI?

There is for me. We're on a well with a storage tank located about 250' away and
100' below the house grade. A 5 stage booster pump set to output 65 psi at the
tank level results in about 40 psi at the entrance to the first floor of the
house, less after distribution throughout the first floor and even less on the
second floor.

Would love to have 60psi at the house entrance, but that would involve replacing
the booster pump with a very expensive 8 stage booster pump or installing a
second booster at the house.

Something does not compute. *Psi of 65 should only be 22 psi at 100'
rise...some less than that after the loss through 250' of pipe.

Harry K

0.4336 psi in a foot head as I remember. We are on "bars" now in
Europe.
Frictional pipe losses depend on flow on any particular system.
No flow=no loss.