Posted to uk.d-i-y
djc djc is offline

Default New washing machine time - What sort?

On 05/01/11 10:11, John wrote:
"John MacLeod" wrote in message
On Jan 4, 1:21 pm, djc wrote:
On 04/01/11 02:24, John MacLeod wrote:

A company that refers to the "Isle of White" on their website isn't
really one I would trust very far. Even if they did buy Asko of
Sweden within the past year.

I doubt it was the Slovenes who created the website, more likely a UK
based
agency. So while a sloppy website might say something about the quality of
staff in their UK sales and marketing office it doesn't have much to do
with the quality of the manufactured goods.

Yes, perfectly good equipment can be let down by poor-quality
representation in an overseas market, but it's usually the local
representatives you have to deal with when even the best machine
breaks down.

I recall we once had someone on a TV show who referred to "East Angular"

Much of this caused by a shift backward from a literate to an oral culture.
And where there is literacy, too trusting of the spell checker.

--
djc