Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Door plate/bar?

On 1/4/2011 9:26 PM Joe spake thus:

On Jan 4, 12:45 pm, Sonny wrote:

Make your own!

snip

Or have a sheet metal shop cut a pair of plates of 0.040" stainless
steel. Clean the back surface with alcohol, dry and coat with silicone
transparent sealant and stick in place with masking tape until it sets
up. Should last for years.

.... except that such plates probably won't have really nice edges,
unless you pay extra for them to carefully dress them. Sheet metal shops
tend to leave either raw cut edges, or just hastily run a die grinder or
something over them. Not exactly the finished look you probably want.

who stands to make his point, then removes his hearing aid as a sign
that he is not going to hear any rebuttals.