Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Samsung TV

"Baron" wrote in message
Does anyone know where I can get service information for a Samsung LCD
TV Model LE37R87BDX.

Google gets lots of hits, but they are all dead ends in one way or
another.

Mine has just decided to switch itself off and sulk ! :-(

Thanks.
--
Best Regards:
Baron.

Hi Baron

I don't have access to service info for that tv unfortunately, but if it's
like most LCDs, the dead set symptom is mostly down to psu trouble, and most
are not that difficult to sort without schematics. Often, it's just caps, as
I'm sure you've seen mentioned on here many times. You will often find the
voltages marked on the psu boards. By connectors is a good place to look.
Typically, there will be a standby supply of 3v3 and/or 5v. The main
switched rails are usually some or all of 3v3, 5v, 12v, 24v for the
backlight supply, and 33v for the tuner. Occasionally, the odd negative
rail.

If it does come down to psu, and you can't fix it, a replacement board is
available here

http://www.lcdpartsforyou.com/apps/w...ts/show/940845

for a very reasonable price. In the meantime, I will ask my mate who does a
great deal of LCD tv repairs, if there is anything common on that model that
he knows of.

Arfa