Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default A troubling Christmas - metal/mental related

"Jon Elson" wrote in message
On 12/25/2010 07:23 PM, RS at work wrote:

Steve B wrote:

A suggestion. On your next visit, do a little reverse engenering on
the machines. A small sheet metal screw in the carb, a little battery
acid in the crank case, a ball bearing or two in the gear box.

You don't have to destroy the thing, just a little tinkering with the
governor might slow it down a bit and increase the margin of safety. Might
even be done by just bending the linkage wires between governor
and carb.

Jon

Thanks, but I do not have access to the bike. They were unsafe with a very
slow electric ATV, and I do not expect any more for this one. The machine
is not the problem.

Steve