Posted to alt.home.repair
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Computer NG?

"Percival P. Cassidy" wrote:

On 01/04/11 10:31 am, Pete C. wrote:

I've fiddled with Linux many times (and several other Unix variants),
but I've never found a compelling reason to use it. I've even performed
a side by side shoot-out between Windows and Linux for a particular
application and Windows won. The main thing it seems to have going for
it is price, and I make enough to not care about the modest cost of
Windows and Windows applications. I also tend to be put off by the
non-professional "feel" of Linux.

There are so many different Linux distributions with so many different
"look and feels"s that I wonder how one can generalize as you do.

It is that variation, and the very inconsistent documentation that give
it the non-professional feel. I've fiddled with various Linux variants,
as well as professional Unix variants and there is a very noticable
difference in the feel between them.