Posted to alt.home.repair
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Computer NG?

notbob wrote:

On 2011-01-04, Pete C. wrote:

As for customer support, in a couple decades of running multiple Windows
machines I have not needed any customer support from Microsoft until a
few months ago:

I've run linux for the last 10 yrs. Never had to call anyone. More
than enough help on the internet.

nb

Perhaps I wasn't clear - in those couple decades of running multiple
Windows PCs, I didn't need support - not from Microsoft and not from the
Internet.

I've fiddled with Linux many times (and several other Unix variants),
but I've never found a compelling reason to use it. I've even performed
a side by side shoot-out between Windows and Linux for a particular
application and Windows won. The main thing it seems to have going for
it is price, and I make enough to not care about the modest cost of
Windows and Windows applications. I also tend to be put off by the
non-professional "feel" of Linux.