Posted to alt.home.repair
RogerT RogerT is offline

Default Computer NG?

For general computer guru and geek stuff, I always use a newsgroup called
"annexcafe.general.user2user".

It is provided through the news server called:

news://news.annexcafe.com .

It's free but you have to register with an name and email address. I used
an anonymous name and a hotmail.com email address to sign up. Then, like
any other newsgroup, you can set up an anonymous username and fake email
address to do the posts.

Information about how to sign up is at:

http://www.annexcafe.com .

On that page, you can also click on "Newsgroups" on the right and see all of
the available newsgroups that they have. You have to scroll down pretty far
in the newsgroups list to get to the one that I am recommending --
annexcafe.general.user2user.

I am pretty sure that none of their newsgroup posts are archived by Google.

Higgs Boson wrote:
Folks, could you recommend a computer NG where I could seek help for
several probs? My guru has moved, and I am bereft....and need to
avert a crash.

I searched the computer NG lists, but did not find what I need. The
NGs seem highly specialized.

Any help appreciated.

HB