Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tanuki Tanuki is offline

Default Odd Microwave issue

I would go with this too: I had a mug where the glaze cracked
round one limb of the handle and if you left it soaking in water
overnight, enough worked its way in through the crack for it
to cause some significant fizzling-and-spurting of steam when
next used in the microwave.

"Peter Scott" wrote in message

I have since used same mug at least 20 times .. and it is

back to normal.

# Why would handle only get so hot (way over 100 degrees C)

# Why only the once

# a mate commented that the reason was the handle had touched

the sides
of microwave (unknown) ... but how would that make a

difference.

Any cracks in the handle or holes needed when the cup was

fired? Water
might have got in and boiled.

Peter Scott