John Crea

Default table saw wax

T9 is NOT a 3M product

John

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 08:33:18 -0500, "Phil"
wrote:

3M makes a product called T9. Supposed to work great. Haven't tried it yet
though.

"Dave" wrote in message
. ..
What kind of wax should be used to apply to the top of the table saw,
jointer, etc?

"Nuttree" wrote in message
John,
Are this jigs going to fit over the General (Bessy clone) fence or are

you
replacing it? Do they fit with friction or do they fasten some how? I
guess I am going to have to get the book.

"john moorhead" wrote in message
Folks -

I've been going over "Table Saw Magic" by Jim Tolpin and have started
building some of the jigs in the book. Have any of you built his

jigs
or
made any mods?

He has a "Universal Fence" that everything else attaches to. It is a

~6"
vertical fence that is cradled on the top of your existing rip fence.

It
has
a T track and a couple of captive nuts, for attaching other jigs or
accesories. I built it yesterday, that's the first step. Next is a
vertical sled, which I am building. Toward the end of the book there's

raised panel sled that lets RT saw owners work on the right side while
keeping the blade vertical. It seems as if these two vertical fence

jigs
could be easily combined.

I haven't *used* the two jigs I've built yet, they're still going
together,
but everthing looks promising. In looking at the other jigs in the

book,
am continually going "A-HA!". While I may not be the sharpest tool on

the
bench, I know my kindling and Tolpin has some *really* insightful

ideas
and
methods in this book.

I'd be interested to know if any of you have built his jigs and your
feedback.

John Moorhead
Lakeport CA