Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Door plate/bar?

On 1/3/2011 8:04 PM Steve B spake thus:

I got a new glass pantry door. It swings both ways, and is etched glass
inside a 5-6" wide wood frame. I have stained and varnished the frame. I
would like to put either two door plates or two bars, one on either side to
push on instead of the glass or the wood. Anyone know of a source for
these, or the terminology of what the bars may be called? Or any other
names of the door plates?

Vintage push plates from Van Dyke's Restorers:
http://www.vandykes.com/category/push-pull-plates

Some more from Rejuvenation (a little cheaper):
http://www.rejuvenation.com/typepage...rts_group.html

Warning: not cheap.

who stands to make his point, then removes his hearing aid as a sign
that he is not going to hear any rebuttals.