Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Miklos[_2_] Tony Miklos[_2_] is offline

Default How to clean the painted interior of a microwave?

On 1/3/2011 3:05 AM, mm wrote:
On Sun, 2 Jan 2011 18:16:52 -0800 (PST), "hr(bob) "
wrote:

It recommends the product for enamel, but there is vitreous enamel
(fired in a kiln) and enamel paint (which is also heated sometimes --
what is the difference?), and the first is a lot harder than the
second. The Softscrub table has no entry for paint.
--
Posters should say where they live, and for which area
they are asking questions. I have lived in

For those who have Agent, at least those using an old version, it's
interesting to note that my sig here is for the english usage groups.
By accident, I initiated the post and posted in one of them, then I
took the same post and changed the newsgroup to this one, and posted
it again. And clearly, it dragged the sig along to this ng too.

I suggest first putting a microwaveable dish Filled with a couple of
quarts of water into the uwave and letting it run at high heat for
about 15 minutes,

Thank you. I tried this, though only for 5 minutes and indded it
seemed to soften the dirt.

I'd put in much less water and let it boil longer. (I have done this)
It would take one hell of a microwave to make much steam using a couple
quarts of water in 15 minutes.