Toller

Default Electrical Wiring Question

My plan was to install a subpanel, and then run the necessary 120 and
220 circuits off of this. At the moment, my only big piece of
equipment is a 2hp table saw. I'd like to rewire it for 220. At the
moment, I'm going to use my shop vac with a HEPA filter for dust
control, although down the road I'll probably want a 220 DC system.
For lights, I plan on using a 400 watt HMI light, and maybe a few
small task lights. Eventually, I hope to add a planer, jointer... but
these will only be run one at a time. For heat, I'm hoping to install
a used high efficiency furnace, but at the moment all I have is a 1450
watt space heater.

That might be adequate, but just barely. You can make a single 240v circuit
and two 20a 120v circuits, but you can't fully utilize the the 240v and 120v
at the same time.

You have to figure out exactly what you need, and see if you have enough
juice.
But, bear in mind that saw and planers only draw their rated current when
they are being heavily used; which probably isn't for more than a minute at
a time. So, you can fudge a bit, because your 10a wires/breakers will allow
35a for a minute or two.