Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Can caulk be microwaved?

On Jan 3, 7:38*pm, "Twayne" wrote:
Innews:AeqdnWfd8ele6L_QnZ2dnUVZ_gidnZ2d@earthlink. com,
typed:

On 1/3/2011 2:11 PM, Steve B wrote:
I just got some caulk from the garage, a new tube of
silicone. *It was fairly cold in the garage, and the caulk
is about 40 degrees. *I put it a safe distance from the
woodburning stove to warm up. *I was wondering in the
future ........ could I heat it up in the microwave? Steve

Try it & let us know how it goes. If it's got any metal parts, forget it
though. All the heat will go to the metal and ruin it or distort it and
nothing else will warm up. It's neat having a spare uWave around; I haven't
ruined it yet and it still works fine. Want a pretty show? Put a CD in it,
data side up, darken the room & put the uwave on hi.

HTH,

Twayne`

Might turn into an IED....interesting explosive device ) I started a
bread wrapper on fire once because I forgot to
take off the metal twist-tie. *Let us know )- Hide quoted text -

Fluorescent lights in a uwave put on a good light show!!!