Posted to alt.home.repair
The Henchman[_6_] The Henchman[_6_] is offline

Default Engineered Oak Hardwood flooring...

I'm considering installing 150 sq feet of engineered hardwood flooring in
our soon to be office. I was surprised to learn that Engineered wood is
pricier than solid. However the sub floor is concrete and I've no choice
but to have a floating floor.

Two questions: Is red oak durable enuf. I'm not an oak fan but I always
thot that white oak was stronger than white. The reason I'm considering red
oak is cause they are selling at a local place for 3.49 a sq foot and
underlayment is .35 a square foot (Southern Ontario). They have about 12
different stains.

By comparison I looked at home depot and all their oak and ash and birch is
about 5.00 and up a sq foot with most around 6.99.

Would love to have American or Canadian ash but the price is too high.

Secondly, does "click" eng. hardwood really mean just click or is it
recommended to glue?? Anyone have experiences on click together flooring
they can help me with?

Thanks again.