Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Patches

RicodJour wrote in
:

In your situation I'd be tempted to just rip the pieces down to
eliminate the notches, glue on a new piece and recut the notches.
That would probably be almost as quick as patching and recutting and
would be pretty much undetectable if done right.

Once I rip that piece down, I've got 3/8" of original material left. After
gluing (with Titebond II), will the new piece be as strong or stronger than
the old? I need to attach handles at some point.

I do agree that will be the most invisible fix, but just don't want to see
the whole piece come apart as I make the cut.

Puckdropper