Posted to uk.d-i-y
SS[_2_] SS[_2_] is offline

Default oil/grease on washing from the washing machine

"harry" wrote in message
On Jan 3, 5:51 pm, Dave wrote:
As title. My wife has just told me that some clothes have come out of
the washing machine with what looks a thick black substance on it. The
spots are one the corner of a pillow protector and her Scout shirt. I
have not yet tested for a suitable solvent, but I would like your
comments about what is the source.

TIA

Dave

If the door seal/tub shell gasket is black, it may have perished and
made the mark.

Has this happened on more than one wash?
Possibility of the mark on prior to wash and wash not sufficient to clean it
off.

In any case I would run another couple of washes before attempting a repair
if only to confirm.