Posted to rec.woodworking
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Patches

On Jan 3, 2:55*pm, Puckdropper puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote:

I've uploaded the sketchup diagram to A.B.P.W. *This is the plan diagram,
not what actually resulted. *The sockets for the top runner dovetails
were cut in the wrong place, and this is what would need to be repaired.

The piece is designed to carry gingerbread houses safely, so is more of a
utility piece than fine furniture, but I'd like it to look as nice as
possible.

In your situation I'd be tempted to just rip the pieces down to
eliminate the notches, glue on a new piece and recut the notches.
That would probably be almost as quick as patching and recutting and
would be pretty much undetectable if done right.