Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Patches

Bill wrote in :

Puckdropper wrote:
I cut notches in the wrong place on the top of a panel. I think the
best solution will be to patch it by gluing pieces in the proper
place and cutting the notches again. What can I do to disguise the
patch as much as possible?

Puckdropper

Sorry to hear of your dilemma. A pic would probably help folks who
have BTDT to help you. Good luck.

Bill

I've uploaded the sketchup diagram to A.B.P.W. This is the plan diagram,
not what actually resulted. The sockets for the top runner dovetails
were cut in the wrong place, and this is what would need to be repaired.

The piece is designed to carry gingerbread houses safely, so is more of a
utility piece than fine furniture, but I'd like it to look as nice as
possible.

Puckdropper