Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default Tankless Water Heater

On Jan 1, 10:52*pm, lh wrote:
I am new to this group.

I am looking for *information concerning maitenance on tankless water
heaters. My daughter has one that needs flushing and the periodic
maintmence performed. *The local plumbers don't work on them and the
big city guys want an arm and leg, stating that various items are
required. They want to replace the heater at a cost of $4,500. *We
think before replacing, the flushing and strainer cleaning should take
place to see what happens.

I suspect there is a knowledge base concerning these things, but I
don't know where to find them. *Can anybody help?

Tanks

Thinking some more, if the water gets very hot when the overheat
sensor is shorted out, this points to the thermostat/heat control
being faulty and the overheat sensor is just doing it's job. But you
would then have isolated the problem.