Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Heat treat oven gloat

On Mon, 03 Jan 2011 01:50:35 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Mon, 3 Jan 2011 04:27:17 -0500, "LibtardStupid"
wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
. ..
On Sun, 2 Jan 2011 21:20:31 -0500, "Tom Gardner"
wrote:

We just bought a used HT oven for $60. It has about a 1.5 cubic foot
interior and goes up to 2kF. It has an analog temp meter and a rheostat
that controls the on/off ratio instead of a temp dial setting. I forget
the
name but one of the guys says it's a better but older make and model.

I doubt it'll save us money on heat treating but it'll be fun and the guys
have a new toy...very important for morale. My question is: How hot and
how long to do a steak in there? Crusty on the outside and red in the
middle! Mmmmmm!

Need a proper controller?

http://picasaweb.google.com/gunnerasch/HeatTreat#

Id be happy to sent you one

Gunner

I'll send you pix and info on the oven, I'd appreciate it if you would make
a recommendation and sell me the parts.

Im off to LA..via the long way around. The Grapevine is closed due to
snow..so Ive got to go out to Mojave and down and around. 5 hours on
the road at least..and the truck traffic will make it even slower as all
the freight headed to LA will be taking the roundabout as well.

Call me if you need any info.

Gunner, pulling the pin at 1:50 am

****...didnt check the news well enough. They closed the 58 as well.

Im stuck from going to So Cal until they open up one or the other..and
according to the CHP website...its snowing like a bitch on top of the
58..the storm is headed east.

Probably going to have to wait for the 5 to open..damnit~~

Gunner

--

"You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once."
Robert A. Heinlein