Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman Don Foreman is offline

Default Heat treat oven gloat

On Sun, 2 Jan 2011 21:20:31 -0500, "Tom Gardner"
wrote:

We just bought a used HT oven for $60. It has about a 1.5 cubic foot
interior and goes up to 2kF. It has an analog temp meter and a rheostat
that controls the on/off ratio instead of a temp dial setting. I forget the
name but one of the guys says it's a better but older make and model.

I doubt it'll save us money on heat treating but it'll be fun and the guys
have a new toy...very important for morale. My question is: How hot and
how long to do a steak in there? Crusty on the outside and red in the
middle! Mmmmmm!

There's a place in Rochester that makes pizza in a 1000-degree oven in
about 90 seconds -- and it is excellent!