Posted to alt.home.repair

Default wall hanging outside in the wind

On Sun, 2 Jan 2011 15:00:35 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Jan 2, 4:56Â*pm, "hr(bob) "
wrote:
On Jan 2, 12:43Â*pm, Smitty Two wrote:

In article
,

Â*Matt wrote:
SWMBO got a painted piece of slate with our last name, etc. that
measures about 12"x12" and has a leather picture-hanging cord. Â*Need
to mount it outside on our stone facade next to the front door.
Problem is that it is very windy where we live, with gusts to 30mph+
very common. Â* I need some way of securing it to the facade other than
just the leather strap hanging from a nail or it is going to rattle to
the point of driving us crazy. Â*Any takers?

Hot melt glue. It's the next best thing to duct tape. Cheap, fast, easy,
can be used for a zillion things, and is removable Â*without damage on
many surfaces.

Yews to being handy, but nmot for thi9s project. Â*How are you going to
get the glue gun behind the slate sign to glue the sign to the stone
bulding???

From inside the house? ;-)

Use a big heat gun to heat the slate to the melting temp of the glue,
shoot a bead of glue on the wall, then apply the pre-heated slate,
holding in place untill it cools sufficiently to solidify.