Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Change light in refrigerator

Sometimes the little tab in the center of the socket gets
pushed too far back. The cure is to unplug the fridge. Stand
on your head (or equivilant). Look into the socket with a
flash light in your other hand. Use some kind of metal thing
like a dental pick to pull the center tab of the socked out
a bit.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Metspitzer" wrote in message
I bought replacement lamps for my refrigerator. Both bulbs
are new
and I tested them with a continuity tester to verify them.
Neither
bulb works in either socket. I also tested the center pin
inside the
fridge and it is hot (and will go off when I push the door
switch).

Without taking the thing down, I can't see into the sockets.
One
thing I noticed is the shell connections are plastic. There
must be a
metal pin inside that touches the shell at some point, but I
don't see
one. I gave the bulbs a pretty strong twist when I put them
in. I
twisted tighter than I normally would have even tried, but
neither
bulb will glow.

The fix has to be twist tighter, but I really really made
them tight
the first time. Anyone else have this problem?

My fridge is a 15 year old Kenmore.