Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Tankless Water Heater

On Sun, 02 Jan 2011 16:45:46 -0600, lh wrote:

On Sun, 02 Jan 2011 11:48:06 -0800, Oren wrote:

On Sun, 02 Jan 2011 13:25:43 -0600, lh wrote:

I have all the tools and aptitude to do the job.

I was seeking information about the system. The way the plumbers are
talking, there are technical things they are not comfortable with.

I will check the filters and then flush the unit. If we decide to keep
the unit, I will add service valves.

The problem is that when taking a shower, the water suddenly turns
cold. I imagine this could be a heat exchanger issue, a sensor issue,
or a flue gas issue.

Temperature adjustment?

The unit is a Bosch 125 natural gas . It has not been serviced for
five years. The daughter called local plumbers and they declined to
work on it.

So. Is it this one? 12 Year Warranty?

http://www.tanklesswaterheatersdirect.com/shop/tanklesswaterheaters/manuals/125HX_manual.pdf

Tsnip

That is the one. I think the heater is 10 years old. My daughter and
her husband have been in the house 5 years. I'll look for a
distributor.

My son in law has other irons in the fire and I'm retired, so I am
happy to take it on.

Thanks guys for chiming in.

from that "pdf file

How to Make a Claim

Any claim for warranty parts should be made to your local
dealer, distributor or to BBTNA. If BBTNA, please contact
the Technical Support Department:

BBT NORTH AMERICA
340 Mad River Park
Waitsfield, VT 05673
Phone: 800-642-3111
www.boschho****er.com

In most cases, the dealer or distributor will be able to promptly
honor your claim and subsequently notify BBTNA. However,
all replacements are made subject to validation by BBTNA
of in-warranty coverage. The damaged or defective item must
be made available in exchange for the replacement.

Clink that link and it should lead you to a local that can
honor/repair the heater.

Type Houston in here and pick your distance:

http://www.boschho****er.com/BoschHo****ercomHome/FindaServiceAgentInstaller/tabid/385/Default.aspx

Otherwise try the maintenance/tips in the file above.

Let us know...