Posted to alt.home.repair
lh lh is offline

Default Tankless Water Heater

On Sun, 02 Jan 2011 11:48:06 -0800, Oren wrote:

On Sun, 02 Jan 2011 13:25:43 -0600, lh wrote:

I have all the tools and aptitude to do the job.

I was seeking information about the system. The way the plumbers are
talking, there are technical things they are not comfortable with.

I will check the filters and then flush the unit. If we decide to keep
the unit, I will add service valves.

The problem is that when taking a shower, the water suddenly turns
cold. I imagine this could be a heat exchanger issue, a sensor issue,
or a flue gas issue.

Temperature adjustment?

The unit is a Bosch 125 natural gas . It has not been serviced for
five years. The daughter called local plumbers and they declined to
work on it.

So. Is it this one? 12 Year Warranty?

http://www.tanklesswaterheatersdirect.com/shop/tanklesswaterheaters/manuals/125HX_manual.pdf

Tsnip

That is the one. I think the heater is 10 years old. My daughter and
her husband have been in the house 5 years. I'll look for a
distributor.

My son in law has other irons in the fire and I'm retired, so I am
happy to take it on.

Thanks guys for chiming in.