Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
William Bagwell William Bagwell is offline

Default Semi precision grinding.

On Sun, 2 Jan 2011 07:02:04 -0800 (PST), "Denis G."
wrote:

I have parts for a Fellowes paper shredder that self-destructed. The
blades on the grinder shaft are about 1.7" OD, 0.76" ID and 0.15"
thk. They were press fit on the shaft and the tips would also need to
be re-ground to cut wood. With a 3/4" arbor and some spacers, maybe
it would work for what you describe. You might look for a broken one
to use as a source of small blades.

Interesting idea! Would never have thought to look in that direction. Hmm, if
it was large enough to shred thick plastic parts I could build one on the clock
for work. Slot me up a stack of plywood during 'testing'
--
William