Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Help with a dust collector

Steve Turner wrote:
On 1/1/2011 11:49 AM, dpb wrote:
dpb wrote:

As is, it'll put everything into the bag; ideally for a collector
this size
you would feed the input into a cyclone separator...

Speaking of which, the guy you got it from didn't have a cyclone (or did
he just not sell it and was upsizing the fan only, maybe)?

The way I'd want an installation of this to look would be sotoo of--

http://grizzly.com/products/G0440

My setup exactly, except that mine doesn't have the stand and is mounted
directly to the wall, like this:

http://cdn5.grizzly.com/pics/jpeg500/g/g0440_det1.jpg

There's a picture of the wall setup in the grouping at the link--'tis a
good-looking unit, indeed.

For OP, of course, w/ his independent fan his setup would be to feed the
outlet of the cyclone to the inlet of the fan (and I'd swap the two port
connector there for a single and put it on the inlet of the cyclone
instead assuming needed more than one main trunk line anyway). Then the
outlet of the cyclone to a waste container.

Would certainly be a far more serviceable system than the huge bag
collecting everything as currently.

BTW, I'd wager that puppy is pretty noisy; OP also may want to examine
building a sound enclosing area around it or if possible put it out of
the shop. Of course, if he's in a residential area and this is a
home-garage shop, that may not be feasible considering the neighbors...