Posted to alt.home.repair
benick[_2_] benick[_2_] is offline

Default Wasps in breaker box

"Mikepier" wrote in message
On Jan 1, 10:40 pm, "benick" wrote:
As I have said in a couple of other threads I just completed a bathroom
reno and I ran into a rather interesting problem..When I took off the
faceplate to add a breaker for the bathroom I found live wasps and about 3
inches of dead ones in the bottom of the box..I went outside and observed
wasps flying in and out of the gaps around the 3 wires entering the
weather
head..I can't believe they made it all the way down thru the meter into
the
basement but they did..I hosed the weatherhead with wasp spray and cold
weather came and I haven't seen anymore but I'm looking for a more
permanant
solution..Is there a way to seal around the wires?? I know I will have to
call the power company to kill the power to do this but need a plan before
doing so and don't expect a clerk at Home Depot to know the answer so I'm
asking the knowledgable folks here...Any suggestions ?? Thanks as
always...

"Great Stuff" expanding foam.

I was thinking that as well but wondered how it would hold up with the wires
swaying in the wind...