Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What do you think of this plan to get rid of bedbugs?

On Sat, 1 Jan 2011 14:11:20 -0500, "RogerT" wrote:

wrote:

If the house has a sprinkler system I think most of them are set to
go off at 135 degrees. So getting the house up to 130 degrees would
seem risky if there is a sprinkler system in place.

How many houses have sprinkler systems. WIH, would you set the
things to 135F?

In Pennsylvania, as of January 1, 2011, all newly constructed one-family and
two-family dwellings are now required to have sprinkler systems. If you
look up residential sprinkler systems online, you'll find that most are set
at 135F.

More stupid laws from busybodies "helping" you.

Also, there is a health inspector "rule of thumb" trick for testing
hot water coming out of a faucet. It is to put your fingers under
the faucet and turn on the hot water. When the temperature of the
water gets hot to the point where you have to pull your fingers out
due to the burning, the temp of the water is about 110 degrees. So,
if surfaces in the super heated house are above 110 degrees --
especially metal surfaces that conduct heat easily -- it would be
pretty easy to get burned by touching them.

Utter nonsense. Irrelevant, but nonsense nonetheless.

No, not nonsense, and not necessarily irrelevant. I see that you must have
missed a few days when they were teaching politeness at charm school.

Pure bull****. If what you say were true, no one could live in Phoenix, AZ.
Calling it "nonsense" was being kind.