Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Help with a dust collector

dpb wrote:

As is, it'll put everything into the bag; ideally for a collector this
size you would feed the input into a cyclone separator...

Speaking of which, the guy you got it from didn't have a cyclone (or did
he just not sell it and was upsizing the fan only, maybe)?

The way I'd want an installation of this to look would be sotoo of--

http://grizzly.com/products/G0440

I had a connection failure to the newsserver originally when wrote this;
since I see Jack has posted another solution.

As Jack says, it doesn't need to be terribly fancy unless you're into
moving a lot of material altho w/ the air volume that is going to move
it'll take a more sizable container to be effective than his I think.

Anyway, there are any number of sites w/ info on making homebrew
cyclones as well as the commercial sites such as Penn State, Oneida,
etc., ...