Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Basic questions about telecommunications

On 12/31/2010 8:39 PM John Tserkezis spake thus:

David Nebenzahl wrote:

He
http://s786.photobucket.com/albums/y...Linespeeds.gif

Time divisions are ~3 seconds. This transfer (downloading a picture)
bounced between 3.0 and 4.4 K (which I ass-ume means kilobytes?).

On longer transfers the pattern (sawtooth "wave") becomes very regular.

OK, you're talking about 9 seconds or so between each drop and rise,
that's not a protocol issue, it's way too long. It might be a
re-negotiation timing, or something your ISP is doing.

No. Maybe I wasn't clear: the time between the time divisions (vertical
lines) is about 3 seconds, so it's about a second between each drop
and rise. The display updates about once a second. (3 samples/time div.)

who stands to make his point, then removes his hearing aid as a sign
that he is not going to hear any rebuttals.