Posted to alt.home.repair
SBH[_4_] SBH[_4_] is offline

Default Door locks and keys

"Oren" wrote in message

You can buy a re-keying kit for the Kwikset locks. Each kit allows you
to re-key six locks. The kit is about 10-15 dollars. It comes with two
keys IIRC. I was just reading the other day as I need to change all
my locks. I can't find the link right now, but it also discusses how
to determine if the lock is a Smartkey or not.

Note that each lockset manufacturer has a different "kit" and are not
interchangeable by brand name.

I like that. But since keys are sold as blanks, what key does one use to
reset the pins or does the kit come with keys?

P.S. why is you message all on one line?

Perhaps it was due to me posting in HTML, otherwise, I don't know. I now
changed the default to text messages.