Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default Good all-around vacuum cleaners

"DerbyDad03" wrote

As I said before, I've tried both and I don't want to deal with a
bagless. The rest of the world is free to make their own choices with
absolutely no pushback from me. I'm not defending nor denegrating
either type of vac. I'm simply talking about what I prefer.

I have about six vacuums. I PREFER one or the other depending on what it is
that I am doing, as no one vacuum performs all the functions.

When I want to vacuum up a lot of drywall or concrete dust or waste, I use
my shop vac. I toss the canister contents, then toss the filter up in the
air, letting it hit the ground three or four times, then take a stick to it
to knock all the stuff off that's clogged in the folds. It is a messy dusty
thing.

I have a good Riccar that does floors, but doesn't do floors very well. It
says it does, but it doesn't. It does do carpet well, though. It has a
hose and attachments, and it is good in some places.

I have a Mighty Mite that I use a lot, you just can't fit much in it as it
has a small bag. I took the 1" x 4" head and put velcro around the edges,
and that works fine for cleaning my pool table.

When I see the prices for some of the new bagless types, and read about
people who don't like them, I figure I'll continue using what I have, or buy
a yard sale replacement, and for the difference, I can go on a vacation.
Most vacuums are overpriced and underperform.

Steve