Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bob La Londe Bob La Londe is offline

Default Bad Servo on KMB1 ElectroCraft 07 02 03 049

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message

is your existing motor beyond repair?

Oh, yeah! Its definitely beyond my concept of repair. I got the coupler
and mounting plate off the motor, and I could see the plug that holds the
springs washers and bearing in tight was pushed out. Thinking this might be
a repair suitable for a learning experience on the mini lathe (bore hole,
rethread, and make a new plug), but when I got the end cap off I found the
casting around the shaft was broken and the shaft was pushed forward. This
motor definitely took a blow, and not a glancing one. I guess I could send
it to somebody and hope they give me a couple dollars off for a replacement,
but this one is crumbled toast. I suspect I would be beter off just to save
the parts for some future project and take the winding to the recycler.