Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Bad Servo on KMB1 ElectroCraft 07 02 03 049

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message

Me too, but I was working up my nerve to tackle that. I was thinking that
would save the DC power supply if I can figure out exactly what parts are
it. Its got a Mitsubishi VFD also that may be salvageable.

Yep, the VFD should be good.

a power supply is easy to spot. You have a transfomer then a
rectifier that's nomrally a little black square box with four leads,
sometimes more than one. Wires come from the AC to the transformer to
the rectifier and then on to a bunch of round metal cans (capacitors)

That's basically what I expected, but I didn't see "the little black box."
I need to follow the wires and see. There is a circuit board with some
transistors next to the transformer and some large caps that look about
right. I was expecting to see diodes. Maybe I need to look at it in
daylight with the overhead door open. Or just throw some power on the
transformer and see where I get DC.