Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default LCD display on exercize bike troubleshooting.

" wrote in
news
On Thu, 30 Dec 2010 11:26:35 -0600, Ken wrote:
Check for a cap that is leaking in the display circuit. It
should be
easy to determine, but might require one lead be lifted in order to do
so.

I took the whole thing apart.
I found a broken ceramic disk capacitor. Actually broken. Near the
display area. I replaced it, it was a .1 mfd, same as it was.

That didn't help. Inspection didn't reveal anything else obvious.

While I had the LCD out I tried it on the board a little moved it
around. It has those rubber conductive connections. I did get bright
flashes on some parts of the display, the word "AGE" lit up brightly,
so the display works

ah,perhaps you need new rubber connector strips.
where to get them,I don't know.
Maybe MCM,maybe the manufacturer of the exerciser.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik