Posted to alt.home.repair
zxcvbob zxcvbob is offline

Default air compressor

zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Thu, 30 Dec 2010 17:48:34 -0600, dilbert firestorm
wrote:

On 12/30/2010 5:39 PM,
zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Thu, 30 Dec 2010 16:35:24 -0600, wrote:

dilbert firestorm wrote:
I'd like some feed back on an air compressor.

What I want to do with it is to inflate tires on my pick up truck& car,
do some air brushing on r/c models and spray paint wood deck rails. I'm
thinking maybe a 120volt would do it the job.

Sometimes you can find these as low as $100 with free shipping:

http://preview.tinyurl.com/2b75bsf

It's one of the best of the small portable compressors.
I've had one of those for five years, or so. They work quite well.

Bigger and still under $100 ($89.99 Saturday, according to today's HF-spam):

http://www.harborfreight.com/2-hp-8-...campaign=5210c

nothing that big, small and portable for storage in the truck. just
something that'll be enough to get the job done.

Something like this:

http://www.harborfreight.com/air-too...sor-94734.html

Or this:

http://www.harborfreight.com/air-too...sor-95499.html

Harbor Freight isn't my favorite brand, not by a long shot, but they're fine
for occasional use.

That little HF pancake compressor is OK for airing up car tires, but
that's about it. (The air brush will be a piece of cake for any
compressor) It will not really operate a blow gun or a sander or an
air chisel, and probably not a sprayer.

The PC compressor has a larger tank and much higher pressure, but
the overall package is not that much bigger, and it's not that much
more expensive.

Bob