Posted to alt.home.repair

Default My amazing little Snow Joe blower

On Thu, 30 Dec 2010 11:50:53 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Dec 30, 2:24*pm, "
wrote:
On Thu, 30 Dec 2010 10:52:52 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03
wrote:

"The big thing is to *NEVER* reach into the thing, even when it's
off."

Why not? When it's off, I mean.

1) Compression. *
2) It's too easy to get complacent. *Absolutes won't fail you.

Absolutes won't get your shear pins changed either. ;-)

I guess you miss the obvious.

OTOH, in the years I've had snowblowers, I've never sheared a pin. I've only
done it once on a lawn mower.

... snip ...

Speaking of "compression" (in the electronics realm) ...

You know how they tell you to ground yourself before installing a chip
or card into a PC to discharge static electricity?

Sure.

The next time you power down your PC, remove the power cord and press
the power switch to turn the unit back on. Watch/listen carefully to
what happens.

There is a lot of energy stored in the high-voltage section (no user
serviceable parts inside) of the power supply. So?

That's a step that's not often mentioned in the installation
instructions.

It won't hurt anyone. Well, anyone smart enough to leave the innards of the
power supply alone.