Posted to alt.home.repair

Default My amazing little Snow Joe blower

On Thu, 30 Dec 2010 13:41:13 -0600, Vic Smith
wrote:

On Thu, 30 Dec 2010 12:22:09 -0600, "
wrote:

On Thu, 30 Dec 2010 06:04:32 -0600, Vic Smith
wrote:

While they were down we found shovels worked almost as fast but with a
little more effort, and they don't need gas, take up space, etc.
Neither threw snow more than 3 feet, most snow getting thrown about 2
feet., and not high either.
Almost useless for the driveway, but did the sidewalks okay.

There was something wrong with them or it always "slushed" rather than snowed.
You should be able to get 7'-15' vertical lift and perhaps 30' or more
horizontal throw from even a small two-stage blower. Enough that they have a
snout to direct the flow, to limit the distance. I could *easily* throw snow
into my neighbor's driveway, even though they were separated by at least 30'
(15' setbacks, IIRC).

They weren't 2-stage. Small deals, don't remember the power, but I'd
guess just a couple HP.

Ah, that explains it. Single-stage snowblowers aren't worth buying.

I think they worked as designed. Good for sidewalks until they break.
No complaints from me since they cost very little.
If I do buy another snow moving machine, I'll get a beefier model than
those.

Make sure it's a two-stage.

I see a decent one goes close to 200 pounds.
These were about 60-70 pound soaking wet.

My wife and I could easily lift mine into my pickup, so they weren't anywhere
close to 200 lbs. A hundred, perhaps.